The Hermitage Guest House is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Hermitage Guest House may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 31st of May, 2018.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you choose to complete any contact form on our website (https://www.thehermitage-scotland.com/). This information includes:
– Your name
– Your contact details including your email address, your home or business address,
– Your IP address and location (city/town and country only)
– Static or moving imagery via CCTV or surveillance devices located externally around The Hermitage Guest House.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How do we obtain this data?
Personal data is provided by you in a few ways:
– When you send a contact form (your name and email address)
– From you via email (implied consent) when you get in touch with your enquiry or questions.
– Using third-parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information including the web browser you are using, your IP address, your location (country and city only), and search term you used to find the site via search engines. All data collected for Google Analytics is anonymised
– We use a third party for our booking system (FreeToBook). You should visit FreeToBook for their own policies on how they collect, store, and use your information
– CCTV or surveillance devices located externally around The Hermitage Guest House.
How we will use the information about you?
We collect information about you to:
– Correspond with you regarding your enquiry or question
– Correspond with you regarding billing, administration, and operational purposes.
– To release to law enforcement or other third-parties when required to ensure compliance with the law of either the country your services are hosted in or in any legal jurisdiction binding upon us
– Internal record keeping
– To improve our products and services
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission (consent) or are required by law to do so.
How do we keep this data up-to-date?
Any information we hold about you must be kept up-to-date by you at all times. This can be done by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01540 662 137
If we become aware of such information not being kept up-to-date or being reliable, then we will use suitable solutions to update the information including getting in touch with you by email or phone to update it.
How do we protect this data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online including; areas or files only accessible using a password, encryption and firewalls.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of all your personal information that we hold on you, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is no charge for this service.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
CCTV or Surveillance Devices
CCTV or surveillance devices are setup around the outside of The Hermitage Guest House only. We may use the CCTV/surveillance imagery for a number of reasons including but not limited to the following:
– To maintain the safety and security of the property for our staff and guests.
– For investigative purposes or as evidence to support any formal follow-up to incidents
How to contact us?
– By email (email@example.com)
– By phone (07710 633438)